We received notice from the state that the public comment period for the draft Spend Plan for disaster relief to fisheries in Alaska has been extended:
NOTICE - PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD EXTENDED
SECTION 12005 CARES ACT RELIEF FOR FISHERIES PARTICIPANTS
The Alaska Department of Fish and Game has released the Section 12005 CARES Act relief funding draft spend plan for public comment.
Public comments will be accepted until 6:00 pm (AKST) October 23, 2020. Please submit comments to email@example.com.
For additional information and resources regarding the CARES Act and COVID-19, see the Department's website for all CARES Act related information www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=hottopics.main.
Kari Winkle, (907) 465-6141, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel Hanke, (907) 465-6137, email@example.com
Sport Fishing Charter Sector
• Must target marine or anadromous species
- Must be registered with the ADF&G as a guide, a business, or both for 2020
- Lodge operators must offer guide services if they do not hold the guide/operator combined registration
- Must be able to calculate average annual gross revenue from the eligible fishery business for 2015-2019
Applicants operating less than 5 years are eligible but must have operated in 2018 and 2019. Use years in operation to calculate average annual gross revenue
• Applicants must be able to document a greater than 35% loss when comparing March 1, 2020 – November 1, 2020 gross revenue to average annual gross revenue from 2015-2019 (or for years available)
Payment calculation: eligible applicants holding a guide or operator registration will receive one share of available funds. Applicants with a guide/operator combined registration will receive two shares, see Table 3 below. Once all applications have been received, shares will be determined and payments for applicants will be calculated accordingly.
Special considerations: businesses shall receive one additional half share (0.5) per guide employed and/or subcontracted. If you are registered as a combined guide/business, you do not get an additional half share for yourself.